Medical Condition Spastic Colon: Spastic Colon Treatment
Spastic colon is the another name of irritable bowel syndrome, which is a gastrointestinal disorder. The term spastic colon means an increase in the spontaneous contractions of the muscles of the large intestine, or their spasms. However, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can also cause a reduction in the contractions of the large intestinal muscles. IBS is generally classified as a functional gastrointestinal disorder, as it is associated with how the intestinal tract works, and not with any kind of damage to the intestinal tissues.
Milk of magnesia. Bisacodyl. Senokot. The long-term use of laxatives is however not recommended, as they can cause dependence, or loss of normal bowel function.
- Jaundice: It is caused due to excessive building up of bilirubin in blood.
- It is easily identified as the skin turns visibly yellowish.
- Liver Abscesses: It is formation of pus in the liver.
- It can be a potentially deadly condition.
- Liver Cirrhosis: It is caused when healthy tissues of the liver are replaced by scar tissues.
- Scarring is a gradual non-reversible condition.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): It is characterized by a wide variety of symptoms like abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, etc
Recently, People Have Started Using the Green Portion of the Leaves Also
The outer part of the aloe leaves are crushed, and made into aloe vera juice, or dried and used as a laxative. Aloe vera juice in itself has quite a number of health benefits, which includes relief from digestive problems, constipation, heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome. It is believed to be beneficial in regulating the blood pressure and sugar levels. Aloe vera juice is said to be a potent beverage that is useful for strengthening the immune system. Unfortunately, while raving about the advantages of this incredible drink, the adverse effects of this drink have remained unnoticed.
Abdominal Pain can be Considered as One of the Most Common Physical Discomforts
Practically everyone of you should have experienced it at some point of time during your life. From babies to older people, everyone goes through occasional bouts of stomach pain. There are a number of causes why abdominal pain originates in the first place. It is mostly exacerbated after eating. However, lower left abdominal pain after eating is quite unusual.
Treatment: this Condition Needs Immediate Medical Intervention
Usually, surgery is the only option. Irritable Bowel Syndrome Irritable bowel syndrome is a common cause of pain under the left rib cage. It is caused by overeating or lack of fiber-rich foods, and adequate water in the diet. In this condition, the digestive organs are affected as they are not able to secrete digestive enzymes that help in the breaking down of food into easy substances. It interferes with the typical bowel movement by causing constipation or diarrhea. Other symptoms of this condition are bloating and cramps in the intestinal tract.
- But alosetron can cause some serious problems, for which it was removed from the market soon after its approval.
- Presently, the FDA has permitted the use of this drug with certain restrictions.
- It can be prescribed by doctors enrolled in a special program.
- They can prescribe the drug for treating severe IBS in ladies.
- This drug is not approved for use by men.
- Lubiprostone on the other hand, is usually recommended for men and women having IBS with constipation.
- It is a chloride channel activator that can increase fluid secretion in the small intestine.
- Say no to fizzy drinks.
- Stay with lemon juice, or the old and incredibly faithful hydrant, water.
Liver Cancer: It is cancer that originates in the liver or spreads from other parts to the liver. It is also known as hepatic cancer. Liver Failure: Liver failure, or hepatic failure, is the damage of liver caused due to hepatitis, cirrhosis, use of certain drugs and medication, etc. It can be acute or chronic.
Some doctors are actually prescribing antidepressants and mood-elevating drugs such as Elavil and Prozac, believing that this will be helpful if the patient's flare-ups are emotional driven. The relationship between the brain and the gut are well known and is being studied and may prove to be valid but when you study the potential side effects of these mind-altering drugs, it can be a blessing to have a natural option.
- Treatment: This condition can be treated by medications like Lansoprazole, Esomeprazole or Dexlansoprazole.
- It is also a good idea to avoid food that causes heartburn or acid reflux.
Sacramento mothers of Middle Eastern and similar Mediterranean area descent have for generations took care of colic by feeding their children a type of probiotic called infantis (understood commercially in the USA as bifantis). Now, researches have shown how the probiotic works. It's familiar to most Middle Eastern mommies to put a drop of Binfantis, which some mothers call 'infantis' on the pointer of their pinky and touched the idea of the baby's tongue with the probiotic if their child has colic. And it seems to work to calm the colic and quiet the infant. However what is in 'infantis' that actually quiets colic in infants that would cry for hours with colic?
Benefits. Bentonite clay, when put in a liquid colloidal-gel state, works great for diarrhea, viral infections, food allergies, spastic colitis, food poisoning, abdominal cramps, depression, nausea, anorexia, etc. When taken internally, it promotes detoxification of the digestive tract canal by eliminating all the toxic substances and waste from your body. It is used to treat constipation, bloating and gas. It also promotes beneficial bacterial balance in the digestive system, and helps boost immune system by way of liver detoxification and colon cleanse. A number of other industrial advantages of the clay add to its value.
Colitis: It is the Inflammation of the Colon
It can be severe or chronic. Constipation: It is a condition where a person has a problem in passing stools as they are hard and dry. Constipation is also characterized by passing stools less than three times a week.
To be Assured of Its Symptoms, It Happens Differently With the Different Personas
It depends from person to person. It can adversely be a lifelong condition causing some people to lose their potential of working, taking a trip, performing any social work and involving in any other activates. Nevertheless, its main symptoms are the fullness, gas, blotting and abdominal pain etc. that will go for 3 days or several months. The people suffering from IBS can alternatively switch to diarrhea and constipations.
People, suffering from diarrhea, face frequent loose, watery stools and one who suffers from constipation will have a hard time passing stool, as well as less defecation. They can not discharge any stool or only a small amount. On the consultation of your physician for the treatment of IBS, the physicians might check on the basis of the symptoms you describe to him or the pathological test or no test. Specifically there is no any certain test for checking the IBS and ultimately if doctor ask you for blood test, it is nothing but only to make it clear if you have celiac disease or a low blood count (anemia) or stool test to be guaranteed about the infections.
- Some anti-spasmodic drugs may help to relieve the pain of IBS, as they slow the contractions in the bowel.
- Antidepressants are also known to be effective when it comes to reducing pain (and also diarrhoea).
Irritable Bowel Syndrome- Homeopathic Cure Dr.Ravi Singh
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common disorder that affects your large intestine (colon). Irritable bowel syndrome commonly causes cramping, abdominal ...
Lastly, you ought to keep in mind that most of the above mentioned causes can be effectively treated if timely treatment is undertaken. For that reason, you should not ignore any type of pain and symptoms. Take care!
The rib cage, also referred to as the thoracic cage, is one of the core and most delicate parts of the human skeletal system. 24 bony structures called ribs, costal cartilages, 12 thoracic vertebrae and the sternum, all are parts that comprise the rib cage. A part of the human respiratory system, this bony and cartilaginous structure surrounds the thoracic cavity, which includes the lungs. It is a vital part of the human body and any pain in this area can be of serious concern, as it may indicate some serious medical condition or injury.
An Upset Stomach With Diarrhea and Vomiting are Signs of Food Poisoning or Viral Infection
If diarrhea occurs frequently, or persists for a very long time, then it could be related to parasitic infection, irritable bowel syndrome, or spastic colon. When it gives a constant heartburn, it is possibly caused by acid reflux disease.
- Treatment: Avoiding food that causes indigestion is recommended.
- You can also try leaning on the back of a chair to get rid of the trapped gases.
- Antacid tablets, together with dietary changes, will help in the condition.
- Gastric Cancer (Stomach cancer): As the name suggests, it happens when cancerous cells grow in the stomach.
- It is difficult to identify at an early stage as its symptoms are similar to other digestive system diseases.
- Severe abdominal pain and cramps may require anticholinergic drugs and dicyclomine.
- Anticholinergics are antispasmodic medications, that help reduce the sensitivity of the colon to stress and certain specific foods.
- The common antispasmodic agents used for the treatment of IBS are:
Factors that are believed to play an important role in the development of this condition are, a problem in the brain-gut signal (which controls the functioning of the intestine), gastroenteritis, bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine, sensitivity of the colon to certain food, stress, psychological problems, and changes in the levels of neurotransmitters that transmit nerve signals in between the brain and the gastrointestinal (GI) tract. Even hormone imbalance has been thought to be associated with IBS, as this condition is more common in women, and its symptoms often aggravate before or during menstruation.
- Kidney Stones Kidney stones can originate in either of the kidneys and cause pain in them.
- Pain in the left one represents stone in the left kidney.
- The pain generally starts from the back and spreads to the front.
- Hiatal Hernia: It occurs when a part of stomach protrudes upwards through the diaphragm.
- It is commonly observed in older people.
- Indigestion: Also known as dyspepsia, it is a condition caused due to problem in digesting food.
- It is a symptom of several other diseases.
Constipation Constipation is a condition that causes hardening of stools, due to which bowel movement becomes a painful activity. In such circumstances, to push the stools, through the colon requires more effort. Thus eliminating difficult stools can put undue strain on any part of the rib cage. It is observed that people experiencing constipation have to exert a great deal of pressure to get rid of fecal matter and this might cause discomfort on the left or right side of the ribs.
Bentonite Clay Contains Only 17 Minerals
This low number is responsible for a higher potential to absorb other molecules. Therefore the absorptive abilities come from the low number of minerals present in it. When the toxin molecules get integrated in the clay molecules, your body can expel the toxin-filled clay in normal defecation. Betntonite clay mask help you get a clean and glowing skin as it helps in the purification of cells under skin. It is commonly used in homemade facials.
Less Common Ones
In some cases, it has been found that people experience irregularity in blood pressure, together with digestion problems. Urinary tract infections (UTI) and all symptoms associated with it also show up as some of the severe health effects caused by black mold direct exposure. The same can lead to medical conditions of the liver, and other organs of the body. There have been cases wherein, people were detected with infertility which resulted from living in a black mold-infested house for a prolonged period.
- Treatment: Antibiotics prescribed by a physician can heal the ulcer and help to get relieved of the symptoms.
- Constipation and Indigestion
- Abdominal cavity consists of various organs such as spleen, liver, kidneys, aorta, intestines, appendix etc.
- Abdominal pain can come from as a result of unusual functioning of any of these organs.
- However, there aren't numerous organs in the left lower quadrant of the abdominal cavity.
- Therefore, pain on lower left side of the abdomen is pretty rare after eating.
- There are some conditions that are known to induce this kind of pain after consuming, which are as follows:
- Cystic Fibrosis: It is a genetic disorder, affecting the digestive system and lungs.
- When suffering from this disease, the mucus becomes thick and can block airways, tubes, and ducts.
Causes and Symptoms of IBS
Causes Despite all the research carried out, the causes of IBS or spastic colon are not well-understood. Researchers are of the opinion that a range of factors can trigger this condition. In IBS, the contractions of the digestive tract muscles can be much stronger, and they can last longer than usual, which in turn can cause food to move through the intestinal tract much faster. This can cause gas, bloating, and diarrhea. The opposite can also occur, and food can remain in the intestine for a long period of time. As a result, the stool can become hard and difficult to pass.
Pneumothorax Pneumothorax is a condition where the lung ruptures due to a tear in the lung membrane, and air leaks out and fills the cavity between the lungs and the rib cage.
Produces and Excretes Bile Juice Which Helps in Breaking Down Fat
Bile plays an important role in the digestion of fats. When the liver is damaged and is unable to filter excessive bile from the blood, serious problems may happen. The presence of excess bile in the blood may cause the skin, eyes and nails to look pale. This condition is known as jaundice. It is an indication of liver damage or failure. There may be a number of other signs of liver failure, which we will discuss in the following paragraphs.
- Mild stomach problems normally do not need medical intervention and can be cured with little changes in your diet and lifestyle.
- Together with a healthy diet, it is important to invest some time for workouts.
- In spite of this, if the problem persists, you may have to seek a proper medical treatment.
- Spleen Irritation Sometimes, pain under the left rib cage may be caused due to tear or rupture of the spleen.
- Pain in the extreme ends of the shoulders may also be a sign of spleen rupture.
Lactose intolerance is a condition, in which, body is incapable of producing an enzyme called lactase, which is required for the breaking down of lactose. Lactose is a milk sugar, found in all dairy products. When you experience abdominal pain after eating dairy products, then most likely it is due to lactose intolerance.
- Treatment: Proper diet and avoiding food that causes indigestion and constipation would help in alleviating the pain.
- High fiber diet is recommended if you are suffering from constipation.
- The medications that are specifically used for treating diarrhea are: Loperamide.
- Bile acid-binding agents.
- Lemon Soda If you are going to have a large meal with a lot of fried, processed foods, you can sip lemon soda throughout your meal.
- Lemon soda prevents the formation of gas and thus, relieves you of bloated stomach after eating.
- However, make it a point to sip on little portions of soda rather of gulping it down at the same time.
- Inguinal Hernia: It occurs when a part of the abdominal cavity protrudes through the inguinal canal.
- It causes a bulge in the region which can be painful.
Because of these finding scientists believe they may be a link here to colon cancer prevention. As well, prebiotics may help relieve symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease, help control weight, lower cholesterol, balance blood sugar, and speed up waste transit time.
Constipation is Defined by Hardening of Stools
As a result, more pressure and effort needs to be put in, to pass stools. It leads to irritating pain in the stomach, more so under the rib cage. Indigestion is also another common reason for the pain. A pain that starts all of a sudden can be linked to indigestion. It is usually preceded by constant burping.
- Gas in the Colon Also known as the splenic flexure syndrome, it is another cause of pain under the left rib cage.
- Excessive gas gets trapped in the colon and it causes pain and discomfort.
- Highly processed foods are rich in sodium and low in fiber.
- Not good, for they contribute to the bloated feeling.
- Read the labels, and drop only those canned foods in your cart that clearly read "sodium-free," or "low-sodium content."
- Treatment: It is important to speak with a doctor if you experience such symptoms.
- Medication may help in the condition, but if left untreated for long, it might need surgical intervention.
- Treatment: If diagnosed with a serious cracked or broken rib, it is recommended to speak with a doctor instantly and get a surgery scheduled.
- You should also get a CT or MRI scan done to rule out any nerve damage.
- If the crack is small, it usually heals on its own in a month or two.
- You can use pain killers to relieve the pain.
- In any case, it is important to consult your doctor first.
- Hemorrhoids: It is a condition characterized by swollen veins in the anal region.
- Hemorrhoids or piles can be internal or external, and can be painful.
Treatment: In case of a mild costochondritis, non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen or aspirin can help. If the condition in chronic or serious, then opioid drugs like hydrocodone or oxycodone, or antidepressant medication like amitriptyline, may be used. It is recommended to take plentiful of rest and restrain from any stressful activity while recovering from this condition.
Dietary ModificationsPeople with spastic colon are often required to make some dietary changes to manage this condition. In general, it has been observed that the inclusion of more fiber-rich foods in the diet can help reduce the frequency of IBS attacks. Though the foods that set off IBS can be different for different individuals, patients of IBS are usually recommended to limit the consumption of those foods that can stimulate the intestine. Some such foods are:
- Alcoholic Liver Disease: As the name suggests, it is caused due to excess consumption of alcohol.
- The different types of alcoholic liver disease are alcoholic cirrhosis, alcoholic fatty liver disease, and alcoholic hepatitis.
- This is not an exhaustive list).
- Appendicitis: It is the inflammation of the appendix.
- It is a serious condition, which requires immediate surgical removal of the appendix.
- Tea A piping hot cup of tea gives you an instant relief from all the stomach ailments.
- Herbal tea and green tea are also effective in curing gastrointestinal problems.
Reasons for Pain Under the Left Rib
Injured/cracked or Fractured Rib Cracked or fractured rib caused by accidents or severe blow/impact in that area, is one of the major reasons for pain under the left rib cage. It causes excruciating pain that worsens with deep breathing. Such a serious injury needs immediate medical intervention. If you are experiencing such pain, it is always wise to get an x-ray done to determine the state.
- Meckel's Diverticulum: This is a congenital abnormality.
- It is a small bulge at the lower portion of the small intestine.
- It can lead to symptoms like abdominal pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, etc
So, we see that pain under the left rib cage can be caused due to various reasons, from gastric problems to inflammation of cartilage or other major medical conditions. Depending on the cause, the treatment will vary. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should speak with a doctor immediately. A timely diagnosis will help you to exact the cause, get effective treatment and prevent future problems.
- Cholestasis: It occurs due to improper bile formation or bile flow.
- Causes include alcoholic liver disease, pancreatitis, cancer of pancreas, hepatitis, etc
- The term 'poop' refers to the solid waste matter that is eliminated out of the body during bowel evacuation.
- Typically, a healthy bowel movement produces brown colored stools.
- A change in stool color to green indicates that something is wrong with the intestines but can also mean too much usage of certain foodstuffs.
- It is discussed below:
My Only Issue Has Been Discovering Recipes that Would Go With My New Programs
A few days ago while googleing the topic I discovered a whole new world, the universe of Paleo Diet, an eating plan that essentially removes gluten and journal from the picture, just what I was looking for!