Cause Of Spastic Colon: Nervous Stomach Symptoms
Anxious stomach is not a disease; but having a sour stomach every so often indicates dysfunction of the digestive system. Remember, inactive or stressful way of life can be the main cause of 'upset stomach' occurrences. As you know, incorrect eating habits can cause stomach problems. Nervous stomach symptoms may vary according to the cause.
When there is any kind of obstruction to flow of food, in the form of intestinal obstruction or gastroparesis (harmed vagus nerve, stomach can not empty itself of food in a normal way), then it leads to hypoactive sounds of bowel.
Ginger is considered as one of the most effective treatments for this problem. It can be taken in various kinds. For example, you can add ginger in the meals, you can prepare a ginger tea, or simply chew a small piece of ginger candy. Ginger tea also helps in easing queasiness very well.
People with IBS often experience both constipation and diarrhoea, and for many people, signs will go away after a bowel movement. Sufferers with diarrhoea will have loose, watery stools, often feel an urgent need to go to the toilet, or find it difficult to control their defecation. Others with IBS have fewer bowel movements and will have a hard time to release even a small amount of stool.
UTI: If you are experiencing a urinary system infection (UTI), then you may experience symptoms like pain in the lower abdomen and burning experience throughout urination. Women also experience pain during intercourse. Other symptoms experienced by adults during UTI are chills, queasiness, pain during urination, blood in urine, foul-smelling urine, and low-grade fever.
- When there is build-up of fluid in the stomach, it is known as ascites.
- Due to the existence of this fluid, the abdominal noises get muffled, and so, seem to be hypoactive.
- Symptoms People experiencing diabetes and arthritis may also experience pain in the right flank from time to time.
- An injury to the lower back area or a muscle pull may also lead to flank pain.
- The flank region is prone to intense pain when there is extrinsic motion.
- The pain elevates when the range of motion increases.
- The side where the pain is actively experienced shows which, and how far the kidney has been affected.
- AppendicitisThe appendix is a small tubular organ present at the lower end of the cecum.
- Appendicitis is the swelling of the appendix.
- It is a serious medical condition that needs to be dealt with immediately.
Ectopic Pregnancy: An ectopic pregnancy is diagnosed in the first 5 - 10 weeks of pregnancy. Sudden burning sensation in the stomach during pregnancy and lower abdominal pain are early ectopic pregnancy signs. The other signs experienced are abnormal vaginal bleeding, nausea, vomiting, and low blood pressure.
- Infections Infections in the urinary tract might lead to flank discomfort; these urinary tract infections are mostly caused by bacteria.
- The germs cause the infection to take a trip from the intestine into the bladder through the urethra and cause a bladder infection.
- Though deemed treatable, a urinary tract infection may cause pain until it is completely cured.
- The infection, generally, is accompanied by nausea, fever, and a burning sensation while urinating.
Xanax provides a sensation of calm, which can be helpful to deal with anxiety in dogs. Xanax is classified as benzodiazepine tranquilizer, meaning it depresses the central nervous system to reduce stress and anxiety and promote sleep. Xanax also displays anticonvulsant and muscle relaxant properties. Hence, it may be used to deal with spastic colon, a condition in which intestinal muscles contract abnormally. It may also be prescribed to increase your pet's appetite.
Medications like opioids and specific cholesterol-lowering representatives, anti-hypertensives, anti-Parkinson's agents, antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications, duodenal ulcer medication and non-prescription items such as iron supplements may all cause irregularity.
- Treatment: People with broken ribs might recover within 5-6 weeks with no medical intervention.
- Although formation of cracks in the ribs may not be a severe issue, it hurts.
- In such a scenario, one can take over the counter painkillers such as acetaminophen to relieve pain.
- Also, take adequate rest and prevent any activity that puts pressure on the damaged muscles.
- Application of ice pack can also help to reduce the pain and swelling related to broken ribs.
- Benefits All of us know how inhaling this essential oil is helpful in eliminating headache and nasal congestion associated with common cold.
- If inhaling this essential oil has its advantages then taking it in extra kind may be equally beneficial, as revealed from studies.
Treatment: As the cause is not identified, treatment is aimed at easing the symptoms. So, the medications will be prescribed relying on the symptoms that might take place. For instance, anti-diarrheal medicines such as loperamide may be given to stop diarrhea. Dietary changes such as preventing gas producing foods are also necessary to control IBS signs.
Although auscultating for sounds coming from the bowel can be an important indicator of an underlying digestive system illness, one has to also do other tests to reach a final diagnosis. Various conditions like gastrointestinal bleeding, radiation to the abdomen, paralytic ileus (nerve problem), blocked blood vessels, hernia, growth, adhesions, indigestion, etc. can change the nature of bowel sounds. As soon as the underlying condition has been zeroed in, should a treatment plan be meted out.
Natural IBS Treatment - Bavolex: All-Natural Relief for Irritable Bowel SyndromeBavolex IBS Relief is formulated with soothing botanical ingredients created to support and soothe digestion. Bavolex contains the highest quality botanical ingredients that have been clinically developed to work for optimal results. Bavolex's active ingredients have been used safely for many years to support healthy digestive tract, help reducing irritation from diarrhea and constipation. Now they are all combined into this special IBS formula. Reducing bowel inflammation and supporting healthy digestion has been shown to relieve the symptoms related to Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Click Here to Learn More »
Treatment: Antibiotics is the first line of treatment for stomach problems caused by H. pylori infection. Amoxicillin, metronidazole, clarithromycin are a few of the prescription antibiotics that may be prescribed to destroy the H. pylori germs. Hydrochloric acid released by the cells lining the stomach wall during digestion can irritate the ulcers formed. So, in order to reduce secretion of stomach acid, short-term use of proton pump inhibitors such as omeprazole (Prilosec) and esomeprazole (Nexium) may be recommended.
- Treatment: Drinking lots of water and following a high fiber diet plan is a time-honored way to ensure smooth bowel movement.
- So, eating raw vegetables (salads) and fruits daily complemented with adequate fluid intake can work wonders to keep constipation at bay.
Stomach ache and diarrhea is a common problem that is dealt with by more people than we envision, and this condition usually lasts for one or two days. Bearing a painful stomach is bad enough by itself, and when it is accompanied by diarrhea, it can be quite troublesome for any person. Though these are two different disorders, sometimes they take place simultaneously too.
- Simply put, you should consult your doctor if intermittent/ frequent abdominal or gastrointestinal upsets are observed.
- Progressive anxiety or lethargy and fatigue should always be discussed with your doctor.
- Consistent headache, back pain, skin problems, allergies, irritation, poor appetite should never be neglected.
- Member of the family can discover the changes in the behavior of a person immediately.
- These changes, often, suggest liver dysfunction.
- Liver illness and disorders are often diagnosed when they reach the final or advanced stage.
- It is possible that the signs of liver conditions are misinterpreted or misdiagnosed.
- You ought to talk about all your problems with your doctor throughout routine medical checkup.
- Don't hesitate to consult your doctor if you discover any of the above symptoms.
Intestinal problems like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and diverticulitis can also hinder digestion, leading to extreme gas after eating. Patients affected with diverticulitis show presence of inflamed diverticula. Diverticula are nothing but small irregular tissue growth that are seen extending from the intestinal tract wall. When these bulging pouches become inflamed, the condition is referred to as diverticulitis that is usually marked by stomach pain, unwanted modifications in bowel pattern (constipation and diarrhea) and reduced hunger due to nausea and vomiting.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Left stomach pain under ribs can also be the consequence of illness like IBS. IBS is a condition that affects the normal functioning of the intestine and triggers diarrhea, irregularity, gas and lower abdominal pain under rib cage.
- The spleen, stomach, lungs, pancreas and the liver are a few of the crucial organs protected by the ribs.
- Any medical problem that harms any of these organs can activate rib pain.
- As the doctors are yet to know the exact factors for IBS, treating them with medications is also a difficult thing to do.
- So aside from providing the victim from probiotics, the only other thing possible is to offer pain killers to fight the unbearable pain.
Symptoms of Colon Colorectal Cancer in Men & Women
Symptoms of Colon Colo-rectal Cancer in Men Women:Colon Cancer Symptoms Animation The standard wisdom about colon cancer is that most people don't ...
Diarrhea After Eating When you have bowel movement immediately after eating, it suggests that your body is not correctly processing the nutrients it needs. It might require some sort of support in apprehending the diarrhea. Once again in many cases, diarrhea right away...
Factors for Excessive Flatulence
Gassy Foods Individuals who have dinner that is high on gassy foods are predisposed to stomach pain due to excessive gas details. As the name suggests, gassy foods are foodstuffs that promote production of gas in the intestine. So, eating too much of gassy foods during evening can cause excessive belching. Soluble fiber foods as well as those high in fructose (a type of sugar) and complex carbohydrates are all considered as gassy foods that are responsible for excessive release of gas during digestion. Some of the common foods items infamous for producing unwanted gas are given listed below: Indigestion.
- Cystitis Cystitis is an infection of the bladder which also triggers agonizing urination.
- In severe cases, people may deal with trouble in urinating.
- Cystitis also causes mucus to appear in urine and the urine also gives out a foul odor.
- Severe GastritisAcute gastritis is the sudden swelling of the inner lining of the stomach caused due to bacterial or viral infection.
- Abdominal pain and tightness, nausea, bloating, vomiting and loss of appetite are the symptoms of gastritis.
Increased Bacterial Population
Normally, the friendly bacteria that produce gas and help in digestion reside in the large intestine. However, when their population increases substantially, they might take a trip up to the small intestine and interact with food that is yet to be digested. As bacteria gets exposed to undigested food regularly in the small intestine, it can cause excessive belching anytime after having heavy meals.
Abdominal pain after consuming can be mild as well as extreme. However, intensity is not necessarily proportional to the gravity of the underlying condition. On the contrary, an extreme cramp-like pain is often due to harmless condition like gases or bloating, while a life-threatening condition like cancer might induce moderate or no stomach pain. Severe pain that starts and stops unexpectedly is mainly due to kidney stones or gallstones. Also, the pain may be localized or generalized, meaning, it restricts itself to a single organ or spreads throughout the stomach. Gases, bloating etc., lead to generalized pain, while stomach pain after drinking alcohol is mainly due to liver dysfunction. In women, lower left abdominal pain and nausea are the major premenstrual signs.
Kidney Stone/ Infection
Kidney stones are stones of calcium or uric acid, formed due to their excess deposition in the body. Sharp pain in the lower abdomen that takes a trip to the groin and to the back is the characteristic sign of kidney stones.
- You happen to experience this issue, try to avoid over-the-counter medications.
- Consult your doctor at the earliest, so that the underlying issue can be detected and specific treatment can be undertaken for a fast recovery.
Ulcerative colitis is also an illness characterized by inflammation of the large intestine. There are different kinds of ulcerative colitis. But the one that causes stomach ache and diarrhea together is proctosigmoiditis. Proctosigmoiditis in turn is characterized by the swelling of the sigmoid colon and the rectum.
What are the Gluten Intolerance Symptoms?
It is typically seen, that detecting the exact condition is often an issue. The condition may often be classified either as irritable bowel syndrome or some other abdominal condition. In case you have an allergic reaction to gluten, the protein will damage the walls of your intestines, which will result in restricting the absorption of foods, and lead to numerous symptoms, such as: Cramps. Headaches. Anxiety. Fatigue. Aching joints. Ulcers in the mouth. Pins and needles and tingling.
Dental Health Problems
Weight loss or weight gain. Skin problems like eczema and dermatitis. Behavioral changes which includes irritability. Being vulnerable to disease due to the immune system being affected. However, the most well-known and common signs of gluten intolerance are gastro-intestinal, such as: A few of the other symptoms are: anemia, due to bad absorption of iron as well as reduced absorption of Vitamin B12, fatigue and shortness of breath. Some of the other conditions associated with gluten allergy are irregular menstruation, infertility and miscarriage, as well as slow growth in infants and children.
- Diarrhea In most cases, diarrhea removes within a couple of weeks time.
- However, some people seem to face diarrhea even in the long run.
- Having to go to the restroom right after meals, especially high-fat meals is the common complaint.
- Considering that the liver has no place to store the bile, it keeps releasing bile into the small intestine.
- Often the small intestine gets overwhelmed by the amount of bile produced, and fails to reabsorb it.
- These bile salts then get in the large intestine and serve as laxatives, therefore leading to diarrhea.
Lower left rib discomfort is often the result of sports injury, however can also occur due to an underlying medical problem. Lifting a small pail of water, a brief morning walk and even deep breathing may trigger lower rib pain, depending upon how severe the underlying cause is.
Mucous in stool is also among the popular symptom of Crohn's disease, which is basically a disease of the intestinal system. Apart from mucus in stool, there are lots of other signs, such as, persistent fatigue, unexpected weight-loss, blood in stools, diarrhea, and fever, etc., that too define this disease.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Begone! Info on this undesirable disease you will get on this page. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is an intricate illness caused by a disorder of the intestinal tract. In fact Irritable Bowel Syndrome does not trigger more major illness such as inflammatory bowel illness or cancer. For each patient it is a rather practical task to relief symptoms of this illness. In fact Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a common disease. Though the signs generally in many clients are so dimly revealed, that almost all of them have never consulted a doctor for suggestions and have not been treated. Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a rather unpleasant and complicated illness though not extremely unsafe when compared with cancer as an example, as it does not cause fantastic complications, and does not impact numerous organs but nonetheless needs treatment and medical control.
- The long run.
- Although practically 60% individuals don't deal with any serious signs post surgery, some are not so fortunate.
- They deal with various side effects after gallbladder removal, which are as follows.
- Indigestion A sudden onset of pain in lower left rib location can also be a sign of indigestion.
- A heavy lunch followed by excessive burping is a sign of indigestion, which can cause rib pain.
- Overeating can also lead to belching gas buildup in the stomach and cause left rib discomfort.
Ways to Repair IBS:
Consumption of probiotics is a much recommended treatment for IBS. Probiotics are the good bacteria that reside in the digestive linings and assist in the improvement of the gastrointestinal functions.
If your body is intolerant to even a very small amount of aluminum, you should take oxy-powder rather of bentonite clay and psyllium husk. It is good to take bentonite clay with psyllium husk if you want to enjoy maximum benefits of the clay. As pointed out above, psyllium helps prevent the clay from getting stuck in your intestines and it promotes cleansing and detoxification. The clay should not be taken within two hours after taking medications or supplements. There should be at least one hour gap in between bentonite shake and anything dietary since bentonite (especially when taken with psyllium husk), will absorb the nutrients also (like friendly germs, vitamins) along with toxic substances and bad germs.
General, the clay takes in some nutrients so it is suggested to take some dietary supplements routinely, when taking bentonite. It is suggested that aged people and pregnant women shouldn't take this clay or items containing the clay. Bentonite clay in itself does not cause constipation. However, it may stick to the intestinal tract and lead to a constipation-like sensation in case one's diet lacks fiber or if one's everyday water intake is insufficient. In this case, it is recommended to integrate psyllium husks with the clay and increase one's intake of water.
Order for people to identify which foodstuff are aggravating their IBS symptoms they should keep a food-diary, where they keep a record of what and when they have consumed throughout the day. They must also record what symptoms they experience and when these symptoms occur in relation to their previous meal.
- Eructation Eructation, which is commonly called burping or belching, refers to the release of gas from the stomach through the mouth.
- Burping could be voluntary or involuntary.
- More often than not, it occurs when a large amount of air is swallowed while eating or drinking.
- Burping may often by accompanied by the regurgitation of gastric juices to the esophagus.
- Burping that occurs after a heavy meal is not a reason for serious concern.
- However, if it ends up being chronic, it could be a symptom of a digestive condition.
- Chronic belching could be caused by Meganblase syndrome, which occurs when swallowing of air leads to the development of gas bubbles in the stomach.
Another Element that Triggers IBS is Stress
Do not overtire yourself with your day-to-day activities. You need to keep in mind that your health is always your leading priority. After all, as soon as you are risking your health, you might just pertain to a point that you need to drop everything off. Which is what you do not wish to take place. Get some rest and do stuffs that can release a few of your tension. Do listen to your body and ensure that no indications of disorder are left unattended.