Define Spastic Colon: Pain Under Left Rib Cage
The rib cage, also called the thoracic cage, is one of the core and most delicate parts of the human skeletal system. 24 bony structures called ribs, costal cartilages, 12 thoracic vertebrae and the breast bone, all are parts that consist of the rib cage. A part of the human respiratory system, this bony and cartilaginous structure surrounds the thoracic cavity, which includes the lungs. It is an essential part of the human body and any pain in this region can be of serious concern, as it may indicate some serious medical condition or injury.
- Jaundice: It is caused due to excessive building up of bilirubin in blood.
- It is easily identified as the skin turns visibly yellowish.
- Liver Abscesses: It is development of pus in the liver.
- It can be a potentially deadly condition.
- Slowly include fiber to your diet (either by taking supplements or consuming high-fiber foods).
- Soluble fiber, which remains in foods like spinach, apples, and figs, can help with both constipation and diarrhea.
- Foods abundant in insoluble fibers, including whole grain breads and cereals, can help bulk up your stool if you have diarrhea.
- If you experience gas, you might have added too much fiber too rapidly.
- This is not an exhaustive list).
- Appendicitis: It is the inflammation of the appendix.
- It is a serious condition, which needs immediate surgical removal of the appendix.
To be assured of its symptoms, it takes place differently with the various personalities. It depends from person to person. It can adversely be a lifelong condition causing some people to lose their potential of working, travelling, performing any social work and associating with any other activates. However, its main symptoms are the fullness, gas, blotting and abdominal pain etc. that will go for 3 days or a number of months. The people suffering from IBS can alternatively switch to diarrhea and constipations.
People, suffering from diarrhea, face frequent loose, watery stools and one who suffers from constipation will have a hard time passing stool, as well as less defecation. They can not release any stool or just a small amount. On the assessment of your physician for the treatment of IBS, the physicians may check on the basis of the symptoms you describe to him or the pathological test or no test. Specifically there is no any specific test for checking the IBS and ultimately if doctor ask you for blood test, it is nothing but just to make it clear if you have celiac disease or a low blood count (anemia) or stool test to be guaranteed about the infections.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a common condition related to the stomach. The precise reason for this disease is unknown, yet as there are a number of trigger factors like diet and eating practices, stress, etc. that lead to this condition. Diarrhea or irregularity, bloating, discomfort in lower abdominal area and lower back, etc. are a few of the signs of this disease. Peculiarly, this illness is mostly observed in women than in men.
- Inguinal Hernia: It occurs when a part of the stomach cavity protrudes through the inguinal canal.
- It causes a bulge in the region which can be painful.
- Treatment: Antibiotics prescribed by a physician can heal the ulcer and help to get relieved of the symptoms.
- Constipation and Indigestion
There is No Rule When It Pertains to Typical or Routine Defecation
The general and accepted range of the frequency of defecation is 3 times a day to 3 times a week. If the number is less than three per week, it is an indication of irregularity. At the exact same time, more than three watery stools show diarrhea. There is a possibility, that an individual might have one defecation a day for a variety of years and then the number might increase to two or three a day for no obvious reason. This is likewise thought about to be regular, however would certainly mean that the frequency of bowel movements for the individual has gone through a modification.
- Hiatal Hernia: It occurs when a part of stomach extends upwards through the diaphragm.
- It is commonly observed in older people.
Reasons for Discomfort Under the Left Rib
Injured/cracked or Fractured Rib Cracked or fractured rib caused by accidents or severe blow/impact in that area, is one of the major reasons for pain under the left rib cage. It causes excruciating pain that worsens with deep breathing. Such a serious injury requires immediate medical intervention. If you are experiencing such pain, it is always smart to get an x-ray done to determine the state.
Pneumothorax Pneumothorax is a condition where the lung ruptures due to a tear in the lung membrane, and air leaks out and fills the cavity between the lungs and the rib cage.
- Whenever you are feeling things, which you believe is not typical, then speaking with a medical professional should always be on top of your list.
- Do not make reasons on not going.
- If your body is giving you signs of illness then understanding what should be done is very important.
- Know exactly what you are experiencing, exactly what triggers it and the best ways to cure it will definitely give you a better life ahead of you.
Constipation is Identified by Hardening of Stools
As a result, more pressure and effort needs to be put in, to pass stools. It leads to irritating pain in the stomach, more so under the rib cage. Indigestion is also another common reason for the pain. A pain that starts all of a sudden can be linked to indigestion. It is generally preceded by constant burping.
Heartburn or Acid Reflux
Another common but less severe cause of pain under the left rib cage is heartburn or acid reflux. It is often caused when you take in too much acidic food or drinks. It often gives a bloated sensation and a sharp pain that seems like chest ache.
- Exercise Basic and easy workouts like taking a walk after having food or doing yoga can help you get rid of a puffed up stomach.
- Even kneeling on the knees can help but just make it a regimen.
- Massaging the stomach gently and frequently likewise assists.
- Gastric Cancer (Stomach cancer): As the name suggests, it takes place when cancerous cells grow in the stomach.
- It is difficult to identify at an early stage as its symptoms are similar to other digestive system illness.
Causes of Bloating
Medical Conditions Food intolerance: Bloating is among the traditional signs of food intolerance, which might also cause queasiness, abdominal pain, diarrhea or constipation. This condition must not be confused with food allergy. Food intolerance signs normally appear within a couple of hours or days after intake. This condition is brought on by the body's inability to produce the particular enzyme needed for digesting that food. It is mostly connected with foods, like wheat (gluten intolerance), dairy items, soy items, shellfish, eggs, peanuts and chocolate.
- Treatment The treatment is governed by the child's age, intensity of the disease, and the kid's reaction or tolerance to medication and therapies.
- As the cause of this disease is not known, the treatment is mainly centered to managing the symptoms, and supplying remedy for the pain.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) refers to a condition identified by abdominal cramps, diarrhea, irregularity, along with gas and bloating.
- Although the etiology is not clear, IBS has been connected with stress, hormonal changes and diseases like contagious diarrhea, etc
All-Natural IBS Relief: All-Natural Relief for IBSBavolex IBS Relief is formulated with botanicals created to gently support and calm digestion. Bavolex's active ingredients have been used for hundreds of years to support healthy digestive tract, helping in reducing irritation from diarrhea and constipation. Now they are all combined into this unique IBS formula. Minimizing bowel inflammation and supporting healthy digestion has been shown to relieve the discomfort and flare-ups related to Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Click Here to Purchase »
- Liver Cirrhosis: It is caused when healthy tissues of the liver are replaced by scar tissues.
- Scarring is a gradual non-reversible condition.
Colitis: It is the Inflammation of the Colon
It can be intense or chronic. Constipation: It is a condition where a person has a problem in passing stools as they are hard and dry. Irregularity is also characterized by passing stools less than three times a week.
- Treatment: It is important to seek advice from a doctor if you experience such symptoms.
- Medication may assist in the condition, but if left untreated for long, it might need surgical intervention.
- Treatment: Avoiding food that triggers indigestion is recommended.
- You can also try leaning on the back of a chair to get rid of the trapped gases.
- Antacid tablets, together with dietary changes, will assist in the condition.
- Hemorrhoids: It is a condition characterized by inflamed veins in the anal region.
- Hemorrhoids or stacks can be internal or external, and can be painful.
- Cystic Fibrosis: It is a genetic disorder, affecting the digestive system and lungs.
- When suffering from this disease, the mucus becomes thick and can block airways, tubes, and ducts.
Bloated Abdominal Area Causes
An enhancement in the abdominal area can be due to numerous reasons, some of which might be due to minor health issues, while some might require prompt medical interest. Discussed listed below are a few of the causative aspects for abdominal bloating. Signs of Abdominal Bloating.
Complications in Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Consuming aloe vera juice throughout pregnancy, or while breast feeding is seriously limited due to its irritant and purgative homes. Aloe vera should be restricted throughout lactation, as the presence of anthraquinones in the breast milk may lead to diarrhea. In pregnant ladies, aloe vera juice can cause uterine contractions, and even lead to a spontaneous miscarriage. Aloe vera juice is likewise hazardous for kids listed below twelve years of age, as it can lead to diarrhea and stomach cramps.
Inguinal Hernia Hernia is a medical condition that occurs when the contents of a body cavity bulge out from a weak point or tear in the wall of that cavity. Inguinal hernia is a type of stomach hernia that takes place when a part of the intestine protrudes through a tear or a vulnerable point in the abdominal wall.
- Kidney Stones Among all the causes, kidney stone is among the most prominent and uncomfortable ones.
- Kidney stones is a condition triggered when the excess calcium and uric acid in the body gets converted into stones.
- If the stone is formed in the left kidney, one experiences pain in the left side of the back.
- Signs of kidney stones include back pain, pain in lower abdominal areas, problems in urination, and other problems of the urinary system.
- Alcoholic Liver Disease: As the name suggests, it is caused due to excess consumption of alcohol.
- The different types of alcoholic liver disease are alcoholic cirrhosis, alcoholic fatty liver disease, and alcoholic hepatitis.
Treatment: In case of a mild costochondritis, non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen or aspirin can help. If the condition in chronic or extreme, then opioid drugs like hydrocodone or oxycodone, or antidepressant medication like amitriptyline, may be used. It is a good idea to take plentiful of rest and restrain from any demanding activity while recovering from this condition.
- Meckel's Diverticulum: This is a congenital abnormality.
- It is a small bulge at the lower part of the small intestine.
- It can lead to symptoms like abdominal pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, etc
Although there are no magic foods to make your stomach feel better as soon as your symptoms appear, you might have the ability to reduce the frequency of your symptoms if you follow these ideas:
There are certain parasite such as protozoa which often leads to Diarrhoea. There is generally a loss of salt and chloride loss which results in diarrhoea. The diarrhea leads to infection in the body. Some parasites also have the tendency to thrive in the upper small intestine which also leads to gas and bloating. The problem ends up being more acute when things which are difficult o digest are being taken. This kind of acute gastrointestinal problems can sometime take place for several months.
Why Do You Feel Bloated
Bloating is often related to tightness in the stomach, flatulence and belching. Mainly, this takes place due to the presence of large quantities of gas in the stomach. Normally, a small amount of gas is produced in the intestines, as a by-product of digestion. In some cases, a big amount of gas is produced in the digestive tract, due to numerous causes like, problems of the digestive procedure. This increases the pressure inside the abdomen, which may expand to accommodate the contents.
This Discusses the Inflated Stomach, Due to Bloating
The boost in pressure triggers the tight sensation and the occasional cramping and pain. Stomach pain triggered by bloating may radiate to other area, like the chest and back. The body tries to expel the gas through burping and by passing wind. The symptoms might decrease in a couple of hours or take a few days, according to the seriousness of the condition and the underlying cause. Some people tend to swallow excess air into the stomach, leading to bloating. Even physical obstructions (like tumors) in the intestines might trigger bloating. The reasons for bloating can be broadly categorized into way of life aspects and medical conditions.
Stomach Problems: Some stomach issues can cause fast transit of food, for instance, inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, celiac illness, cancer, and the like.
- Spleen Irritation Sometimes, discomfort under the left rib cage may be caused due to tear or burst of the spleen.
- Discomfort in the extreme ends of the shoulders may also be a sign of spleen rupture.
Just blend one tea place of vinegar/ cinnamon juice with a glass of water and take it together with your meals to obtain rid of those heartburn feeling times.
- Gas in the Colon Also known as the splenic flexure syndrome, it is another reason for pain under the left rib cage.
- Extreme gas gets caught in the colon and it causes pain and discomfort.
- Eat a healthy diet plan of low-fat foods.
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily.
- Eat more frequent, smaller sized meals.
Treatment: Taking antacids and other drugs to reduce stomach acid can be of help. Avoiding hot and spicy food is a must. Diverticulitis. Diverticulitis is characterized by small, bulging sacs or pouches of the inner lining of the intestine (diverticulosis) that end up being infected. It generally affects elderly people, about the age of 60. People struggling with it experience bloating, constipation and pain under the lower chest.
Medication As far as medicines are worried, it is best to speak with a pediatrician. He or she might prescribe medicines to minimize pain and limit gas formation, in addition to to deal with constipation and diarrhea. Administration of any non-prescription medications must not be thought about, as there would be a threat of possible side effects, which might further worsen the condition. The expert can recommend the best drug and dose, after thinking about the child's precise condition, age, tolerance, and medical history.
What Is Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
I'm sure you know the feeling, even though you may not know the name. Irritable bowel syndrome or Spastic Colon is one of the most common intestinal ...
- Treatment: This condition can be treated by medications like Lansoprazole, Esomeprazole or Dexlansoprazole.
- It is also smart to avoid food that causes heartburn or acid reflux.
Bloating is Often Connected to Overeating and Heavy Meals
No doubt, the quantity and option of food is a major element that can add to bloating, but did you know that it can also be triggered by specific medical conditions? Even some lifestyle aspects are connected to bloating and stomach discomfort after consuming. Periodic bloating may not constantly indicate an underlying health problem. However, if it occurs regularly or if the signs are extreme, you should seek medical attention.
- Cholestasis: It occurs due to improper bile formation or bile flow.
- Causes consist of alcoholic liver disease, pancreatitis, cancer of pancreas, hepatitis, etc
Treatment: this Condition Needs Immediate Medical Intervention
Usually, surgery is the only option. Irritable Bowel Syndrome Irritable bowel syndrome is a common cause of discomfort under the left rib cage. It is caused by overeating or lack of fiber-rich foods, and adequate water in the diet. In this condition, the digestive organs are affected as they are not able to produce digestive enzymes that help in the breaking down of food into easy compounds. It disrupts the normal bowel movement by causing constipation or diarrhea. Other symptoms of this condition are bloating and cramps in the intestinal tract.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): It is characterized by a wide variety of signs like abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, etc
Liver Cancer: It is cancer that originates in the liver or spreads from other parts to the liver. It is also known as hepatic cancer. Liver Failure: Liver failure, or hepatic failure, is the damage of liver caused due to hepatitis, cirrhosis, use of certain drugs and medication, etc. It can be acute or chronic.
Treatment: If diagnosed with a serious cracked or broken rib, it is a good idea to speak with a doctor instantly and get a surgical treatment scheduled. You should also get a CT or MRI scan done to rule out any nerve damage. If the crack is minor, it usually heals on its own in a month or two. You can use pain killers to relieve the pain. In any case, it is very important to consult your doctor first.
Kidney stones can originate in either of the kidneys and cause discomfort in them. Pain in the left one represents stone in the left kidney. The pain usually starts from the back and spreads to the front.
Those suffering from IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome) can consume popular green tea with chamomile since it soothes the system lower the cramps and also aids in food digestion. Pepper mint tea reduces the GI cramps and also soothes inflamed digestive tract tissue. Peppermint is available through enteric covered pills when intoxicated in the tea it allows one to experience the relaxation in your intestinal tracts.
Causes of Irregular Bowel Movements Infrequency in defecation can be rather a distressing problem, with health being impacted. There are a number of triggers for this digestive system disorder. A few of the possible causes of irregular bowel movement are as follows: In freshly born infants, irregular defecation is triggered due to genetic diseases such as cystic fibrosis. Consumption of medicines such as iron supplements, sedatives, etc. can also cause infrequent defecation. Frequently, stress-related aspects or a response to specific kind of spicy foods or dairy items can cause abnormality in defecation. A diet which has inadequate amount of fresh vegetables and fruits in addition to fiber can cause this health issue. It can likewise be a symptom of underlying medical complications. Constipation is a very common problem which most people deal with at some time of time or other. Nevertheless if one is dealing with persistent irregularity for an extended time, it is essential to consult a doctor to eliminate any major illness.
One treatment for IRS then is tension management, and discovering methods such a regulated breathing, meditation and others can be a good way to decrease the impacts of the condition. At the same time it is prudent to typically discover manner ins which to avoid tension and to lessen it in your life (which obviously holds true even if you do not experience IBS).
Lack of Exercise
A lifestyle that does not motivate workout, is chiefly responsible for triggering digestion problems, which often results in distended belly. A pot stomach can suggest excess stomach fat, which is regular for individuals who stay away from workout.
Some females can experience abdominal pain throughout menstruation. Pregnant women may experience a jabbing discomfort in event of an ectopic pregnancy. This is a complication of pregnancy wherein the fertilized egg gets implanted outside the uterus. It might be implanted in the abdomen, ovary or the cervix. This could cause serious discomfort in the lower right or lower left abdominal area. Swelling in the fallopian tubes or formation of uncomfortable ovarian cysts could also cause a piercing pain.
IBS stands for 'Irritable Bowel Syndrome' which is a persistent condition in which a client has regular stomach upsets resulting in the titular 'irritable bowel'. Simply puts, this is distinct from diarrhoea in that it is not an acute issue causing a period of stomach troubles that passes with time, however rather an on-going grumble that lies inactive for extended periods and then returns again during certain times. Irritable bowel syndrome can present itself either as diarrhoea or irregularity and is frequently accompanied with stomach discomforts and cramps. It is most likely to affect women than men.
- Thus, probiotics and prebiotics are important to preserve the balance of useful germs in the body.
- Hence, ensure you consume foods rich in probiotics and prebiotics.
- Some pharmaceutical companies have patented specific species of probiotics and sell them as supplements.
- Hence, you have a choice of taking probiotic and prebiotic supplements in addition to your routine diet plan.
- Although, probiotics and prebiotics are normally safe for everyone, it is suggested that you consult your doctor first.