Hypnosis For Ibs: Pain Under Left Rib Cage
The chest, also called the thoracic cage, is one of the core and most delicate parts of the human skeletal system. 24 bony structures called ribs, costal cartilages, 12 thoracic vertebrae and the breast bone, all are parts that consist of the rib cage. A part of the human respiratory system, this bony and cartilaginous structure surrounds the thoracic cavity, which contains the lungs. It is an important part of the human body and any pain in this region can be of serious issue, as it might indicate some serious medical condition or injury.
- Discomfort in the abdominal area is also a very common symptom of IBS.
- Anti-spasmodic medications are recommended for the abdominal pains which may offer some relief for the muscle spasms.
Lactose intolerance is a condition, in which, body is incapable of producing an enzyme called lactase, which is required for the breaking down of lactose. Lactose is a milk sugar, found in all dairy products. When you experience abdominal pain after consuming dairy products, then most likely it is because of lactose intolerance.
Treatment: In case of a moderate costochondritis, non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen or aspirin can help. If the condition in chronic or extreme, then opioid drugs like hydrocodone or oxycodone, or antidepressant medication like amitriptyline, may be used. It is a good idea to take plentiful of rest and restrain from any demanding activity while recovering from this condition.
Few Reasons for Frustrating Intestinal Syndrome:
Food hypersensitive reactions are a normal origin of IBS. So if you go through any of the above described signs then you must examine with your physician for meals hypersensitive reactions. Keeping a meals record will help you to acknowledge the meals that you are hypersensitive to rapidly.
- The digestive pain may be accompanied with gas and flatulence sometimes.
- The stool may also contain mucous.
- Indigestion: Also referred to as dyspepsia, it is a condition caused due to trouble in digesting food.
- It is a sign of numerous other diseases.
- Inguinal Hernia: It happens when a part of the stomach cavity protrudes through the inguinal canal.
- It causes a bulge in the region which can be painful.
Stomach pain can be considered as one of the most common physical discomforts. Nearly everyone of you need to have experienced it at some point of time during your life. From babies to older people, everybody goes through occasional bouts of stomach pain. There are several causes why abdominal pain originates in the first place. It is primarily aggravated after eating. However, lower left stomach pain after eating is quite unusual.
- Treatment: If identified with a serious cracked or broken rib, it is suggested to consult a doctor right away and get a surgical treatment scheduled.
- You should also get a CT or MRI scan done to rule out any nerve damage.
- If the crack is minor, it usually heals on its own in a month or two.
- You can use pain killers to relieve the pain.
- In any case, it is very important to consult your doctor first.
The area between the breastbone or thorax and the pelvic bone is called abdomen. The part above the navel is referred to as upper abdominal area and the one below it is called lower abdomen. It is the biggest cavity in the human body. The abdomen consists of lots of important body structures, like the kidneys, liver, pancreas, etc. A problem in any of them may cause abdominal pain. There can be a number of factors that can lead to left side abdominal pain. Sometimes, pain due to a particular condition on the right side of the abdomen, radiates to the left side. It makes the detection of the proper reason behind abdominal pain a tough task. Some important ones are pointed out here:
Eat Small Meals
6 small meals instead of three full-course meals is valued by your system. Now, this does not mean you cut down on quantity and the calories required by your body and required by your way of life. Your meals should be in accordance with the aforementioned factors.
- Treatment: Antibiotics prescribed by a physician can heal the ulcer and help to get relieved of the signs.
- Constipation and Indigestion
- Tea A piping hot cup of tea gives you an immediate relief from all the stomach ailments.
- Herbal tea and green tea are also effective in treating gastrointestinal problems.
Fast Foods and Carbonated Drinks
Consuming carbonated drinks excessively or stuffing on quick or junk foods can also cause the stomach to rumble or growl. Junk foods are loaded with calories and therefore no easy to digest. For this reason, feasting on these fatty foods can trigger indigestion and belly noise.
Colitis: It is the Swelling of the Colon
It can be intense or chronic. Constipation: It is a condition where a person has a trouble in passing stools as they are hard and dry. Irregularity is also characterized by passing stools less than three times a week.
There are certain parasite such as protozoa which often leads to Diarrhoea. There is normally a loss of salt and chloride loss which results in diarrhoea. The diarrhea leads to infection in the body. Some parasites also have the tendency to thrive in the upper small intestine which also leads to gas and bloating. The problem ends up being more acute when things which are difficult o digest are being taken. This kind of acute gastrointestinal problems can sometime take place for several months.
Inactive Way of life. If exercise is at the bottom of your priority list everyday, then you are most likely to suffer from indigestion that is usually marked by nausea, bloated stomach, gas and belly noise.
- Some anti-spasmodic drugs may help to relieve the pain of IBS, as they slow the contractions in the bowel.
- Antidepressants are also known to be effective when it comes to reducing discomfort (and also diarrhoea).
So, we see that pain under the left rib cage can be triggered due to various factors, from gastric problems to inflammation of cartilage or other severe medical conditions. Depending on the cause, the treatment will differ. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should consult a doctor immediately. A prompt diagnosis will help you to exact the cause, get effective treatment and avoid future issues.
- Treatment: Proper diet plan and preventing food that causes indigestion and constipation would help in relieving the discomfort.
- High fiber diet is recommended if you are suffering from constipation.
There are numerous health problems that can lead to liver pain. One of the causes is excessive consumption of alcohol that lead to liver cirrhosis. The discomfort due to cirrhosis is felt on the right side of the abdomen.
- Jaundice: It is caused due to excessive building up of bilirubin in blood.
- It is quickly identified as the skin turns visibly yellowish.
- Liver Abscesses: It is development of pus in the liver.
- It can be a potentially life-threatening condition.
Natural IBS Relief - Natural Relief for IBSBavolex IBS Relief is formulated with herbs created to support and calm digestion. Bavolex's active ingredients have been used for many years to support healthy digestive tract, helping in reducing irritation from diarrhea and constipation. Decreasing bowel inflammation and supporting healthy digestion has been shown to alleviate the discomfort and flare-ups related to Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Click Here to Purchase »
- Treatment: Preventing food that triggers indigestion is advisable.
- You can also try leaning on the back of a chair to get rid of the trapped gases.
- Antacid tablets, in addition to dietary changes, will assist in the condition.
- This is not an exhaustive list).
- Appendicitis: It is the swelling of the appendix.
- It is a serious condition, which needs immediate surgical removal of the appendix.
- Moderate stomach problems normally do not need medical intervention and can be treated with little changes in your diet and lifestyle.
- In addition to a healthy diet, it is very important to invest some time for exercises.
- In spite of this, if the problem persists, you may have to look for a proper medical treatment.
- Hemorrhoids: It is a condition defined by inflamed veins in the anal region.
- Hemorrhoids or stacks can be internal or external, and can be painful.
- Treatment: It is very important to seek advice from a doctor if you experience such symptoms.
- Medication may assist in the condition, but if left untreated for long, it might need surgical intervention.
Advantages of Papaya Enzyme
Though the benefits of papain exist in plenty, they were not known until the 1870s; that's roughly about a century after the efficiency of papaya as a medicinal herb was acknowledged. After its discovery, it was subjected to substantial research, which established its numerous benefits; the treatment of digestive problems being just one of them. As in the case of other nutritional supplements, an overdose of papaya enzyme can lead to some negative effects, and hence, it's important to have it in moderation; preferably, after consulting a doctor or dietitian. Experts advise adding a small amount of papaya enzyme, or the papaya fruit itself, to the day-to-day diet. Even in small doses, it can take on different conditions and keep you healthy in the long run.
- Alcoholic Liver Disease: As the name suggests, it is caused due to excess consumption of alcohol.
- The different types of alcoholic liver disease are alcoholic cirrhosis, alcoholic fatty liver disease, and alcoholic hepatitis.
- Abdominal cavity consists of various organs such as spleen, liver, kidneys, aorta, intestines, appendix etc.
- Abdominal discomfort can stem as a result of irregular performance of any of these organs.
- However, there aren't many organs in the left lower quadrant of the abdominal cavity.
- For that reason, pain on lower left side of the abdomen is pretty rare after eating.
- There are some conditions that are known to induce this kind of pain after eating, which are as follows:
- Hiatal Hernia: It happens when a part of stomach extends upwards through the diaphragm.
- It is commonly observed in older people.
- Cystic Fibrosis: It is a genetic disorder, affecting the digestive system and lungs.
- When suffering from this disease, the mucus ends up being thick and can block airways, tubes, and ducts.
Hypnosis Treatment for IBS
Peter Whorwell, MD, Professor of Medicine and Gastroenterology at the University of Manchester, UK, conducted the first published studies of hypnosis therapy ...
- Gas in the Colon Also referred to as the splenic flexure syndrome, it is another reason for pain under the left rib cage.
- Extreme gas gets caught in the colon and it causes pain and discomfort.
Waist Pain on the Right Side There are various vital organs located in the pelvic region, and abnormal functioning of the same results in waist discomfort. In minor cases, pain is caused due to sitting or sleeping in improper position. On the other hand, certain diseases and...
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): It is defined by a wide variety of signs like abdominal pain, abdominal cramps, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, etc
- Causes Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): This disorder affects the lower portion of the intestinal tract.
- An irregular contraction in the muscles of the intestinal wall often causes irritable bowel syndrome.
- This condition avoids the regular bowel movements.
- As a result, these patients experience rotating bouts of constipation and diarrhea along with the stomach pain.
- The exact cause behind this problem is not clearly known.
- A few of its common triggers include stress, hormone modifications and imbalance of good and bad germs in the intestine.
- In some cases, the sensitive nerves of the intestines end up being tensed and increase the chance of IBS.
IBS Free Diet
Before you think about following diet plan you need to be mindful that everyone has different tolerances and can react badly to particular foods. So you must tailor your diet around your own personal details, but you can use this as a rough guideline.
Liver Cancer: It is cancer that originates in the liver or spreads from other parts to the liver. It is also known as hepatic cancer. Liver Failure: Liver failure, or hepatic failure, is the damage of liver caused due to hepatitis, cirrhosis, use of certain drugs and medication, etc. It can be severe or chronic.
- Spleen Inflammation Sometimes, discomfort under the left rib cage may be caused due to tear or burst of the spleen.
- Discomfort in the extreme ends of the shoulders may also be a sign of spleen rupture.
Treatment: Taking antacids and other drugs to reduce stomach acid can be of help. Avoiding hot and spicy food is a must. Diverticulitis. Diverticulitis is characterized by small, bulging sacs or pouches of the inner lining of the intestinal tract (diverticulosis) that end up being infected. It generally affects elderly people, about the age of 60. People suffering from it experience bloating, constipation and pain under the lower chest.
Treatment: this Condition Requires Immediate Medical Intervention
Usually, surgery is the only option. Irritable Bowel Syndrome Irritable bowel syndrome is a common cause of discomfort under the left rib cage. It is caused by overeating or lack of fiber-rich foods, and enough water in the diet. In this condition, the digestive organs are affected as they are not able to produce digestive enzymes that help in the breaking down of food into simple compounds. It disrupts the regular bowel movement by causing constipation or diarrhea. Other signs of this condition are bloating and cramps in the intestine.
People who are not able to tolerate consumption of food products that contain gluten are stated to suffer from celiac disease. Gluten is a type of protein in wheat products, oats and rye. When patients diagnosed with celiac disease include gluten products in their diet, it hurts inner lining of the small intestine and is accompanied by poor digestion, excessive gas and stomach discomfort.
- Stomach Cancer (Stomach cancer): As the name suggests, it takes place when cancerous cells grow in the stomach.
- It is difficult to identify at an early stage as its symptoms are similar to other digestive system illness.
Although there are treatments available for pancreas issues, you should take preventive procedures to prevent it. You must quit smoking and consumption of alcohol. Finally, also note that having a healthy diet and way of life likewise helps in prevention of numerous illness and conditions. Take care!
- Treatment: This condition can be dealt with by medications like Lansoprazole, Esomeprazole or Dexlansoprazole.
- It is also smart to avoid food that causes heartburn or acid reflux.
- Meckel's Diverticulum: This is a hereditary abnormality.
- It is a small bulge at the lower part of the small intestine.
- It can lead to symptoms like abdominal pain, gastrointestinal bleeding, etc
To be assured of its signs, it takes place differently with the various personalities. It depends from person to person. It can adversely be a lifelong condition causing some people to lose their potential of working, travelling, performing any social work and associating with any other activates. However, its primary signs are the fullness, gas, blotting and abdominal pain etc. that will go for three days or numerous months. The people suffering from IBS can alternatively switch to diarrhea and irregularities.
People, suffering from diarrhea, face frequent loose, watery stools and one who suffers from constipation will have a hard time passing stool, as well as less bowel movements. They can not release any stool or just a small amount. On the consultation of your physician for the treatment of IBS, the medical professionals may check on the basis of the symptoms you describe to him or the pathological test or no test. Specifically there is no any certain test for checking the IBS and ultimately if doctor ask you for blood test, it is nothing but only to make it clear if you have celiac disease or a low blood count (anemia) or stool test to be ensured about the infections.
Irregularity is Identified by Hardening of Stools
As a result, more pressure and effort needs to be put in, to pass stools. It leads to irritating pain in the stomach, more so under the rib cage. Indigestion is also another common reason for the pain. A pain that starts unexpectedly can be linked to indigestion. It is normally preceded by constant burping.
Some Information on Diarrhea
If a person suffers from an increase in the frequency of defecation or if he suffers from more than normal looseness of stool, he is said to suffer from diarrhea. Along with stools, a large volume of water will also be expelled. In most cases, this condition lasts just for a few days, but sometimes may last for as long as two weeks or longer. The conditions which are usually seen with diarrhea are: If you have diarrhea, it is important that you drink plenty of water and keep yourself well hydrated.
Adding Salts to Water Will Guarantee You are Not Dehydrated
Often it is seen that people who have diarrhea also suffer from dehydration. You need not rush to the doctor immediately as diarrhea goes away on its own. However, in case of dehydration, vomiting, severe abdominal pain, fever or bloody stools, you will have to look for help from your health care specialist. Remember not to self treat the condition and let the doctor do the diagnosis of the condition.
Irritable bowel syndrome is a condition in which a number of gastrointestinal (GI) disruptions like stomach pain, flatulence, and altered bowel habits become a regular feature of the lives of those affected with it.
- Signs of Irritable bowel syndrome: There are a variety of symptoms for Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Constipation is one major factor for IBS.
- It may bring with it lots of other pains like bloating and abdominal pain.
Some doctors are really recommending antidepressants and mood-elevating drugs such as Elavil and Prozac, believing that this will be helpful if the patient's flare-ups are psychological driven. The relationship between the brain and the gut are well known and is being studied and may prove to be legitimate but when you study the potential side effects of these mind-altering drugs, it can be a blessing to have a natural option.
- The signs for IBS can be quite opposite at times like diarrhea.
- The victim may also have symptoms of intestinal cramps at times.
Pneumothorax Pneumothorax is a condition where the lung ruptures due to a tear in the lung membrane, and air leaks out and fills the cavity in between the lungs and the rib cage.
So, all in all, mucus in stool during pregnancy is usually not a serious condition, but if mucous is excreted in addition to blood, the condition needs medical attention. You need to get in touch with a doctor so that you know the exact reason behind this condition.
Kidney stones can come from either of the kidneys and cause discomfort in them. Pain in the left one symbolizes stone in the left kidney. The pain normally starts from the back and spreads to the front.
Since of these finding scientists think they may be a link here to colon cancer prevention. As well, prebiotics may help alleviate symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease, help manage weight, lower cholesterol, balance blood sugar, and speed up waste transit time.
- Cholestasis: It happens due to improper bile formation or bile flow.
- Causes consist of alcoholic liver disease, pancreatitis, cancer of pancreas, hepatitis, etc
- This suggests that either the nerves or the muscles involved in the intestinal tract activities don't operate in ways they should.
- The nerves though surpass those that are found in the digestive system.
- The spinal chord and the brain themselves are also involved.
Intolerance to Certain Foods
There are certain food products which can be responsible for a bloated stomach. Vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, cabbages, onions, and garlic are known to cause a bloated stomach. Some dairy products as well as wheat, also might cause this condition. Excessive consumption of food items which consist of the protein gluten cause bloating, too. This protein acts notorious as it produces a lot of gas. If you have actually started following a high-fiber diet recently, it is advised that you stop this diet for a while. You can reestablish the fiber, however, slowly, so that you do not have a bloated stomach. Nevertheless, do not skip fiber from your diet plan completely.
Heartburn or Acid Reflux
Another common but less severe reason for pain under the left rib cage is heartburn or acid reflux. It is often caused when you take in too much acidic food or drinks. It often gives a bloated sensation and a sharp pain that seems like chest ache.
- Lemon Soda If you are going to have a big meal with a great deal of fried, processed foods, you can sip lemon soda throughout your meal.
- Lemon soda prevents the development of gas and hence, relieves you of bloated stomach after eating.
- However, make it a point to sip on small parts of soda instead of gulping it down simultaneously.
- Liver Cirrhosis: It is caused when healthy tissues of the liver are replaced by scar tissues.
- Scarring is a progressive non-reversible condition.
Factors for Discomfort Under the Left Rib
Injured/cracked or Fractured Rib Cracked or fractured rib caused by accidents or severe blow/impact in that area, is one of the major reasons for pain under the left rib cage. It causes excruciating pain that aggravates with deep breathing. Such a serious injury requires immediate medical intervention. If you are experiencing such pain, it is always smart to get an x-ray done to determine the state.
Medications Apart from dietary modifications and workout, medications can be required at times to handle symptoms like irregularity, diarrhea, and abdominal cramps. Usually, a fiber-rich diet plan and adequate fluid intake should help alleviate constipation. If these simple remedies fail to ensure regular bowel movements, then laxatives might be required. Examples of some commonly used laxatives are: