White Mucus in Stool
Mucus is basically a jelly like substance which is produced by the intestines and is naturally present in stool, ergo passing it during bowel movement is a normal process. However, doctors also say that if the amount of mucus prominently increases with time, and is accompanied by bleeding or other bowel problems like constipation, diarrhea, etc., then this substantially requires a medical examination. Keep in mind that, the mucus does not need to be necessarily white. It might be clear, yellow or green.
Having a healthy and balanced diet assists in prevention of abdominal muscle spasms to a great extent. Similarly, techniques of cleanliness and hygiene must also be preserved regularly. Lastly, one should bear in mind that all the diseases causing abdominal muscle spasms can be treated successfully if timely treatment is undertaken. It is recommended to consult the doctor for appropriate assessment and treatment. Take care!
Digestive Problems in Infants
Colic, food allergies, lactose intolerance, and acid reflux are the problems found in infants. Colic is found in children, who are less than 3 months old. This takes place mainly in those babies, who are more sensitive to intestinal gas. In this condition, the baby weeps continuously for numerous hours of the day, particularly in the evening. The signs that you notice while the infant is crying, are swollen abdomen, tensed legs that are drawn towards the body, and the hands clenched. Even the face of the baby reddens if he or she is suffering from any of the above problems.
- Infant acid reflux mainly occurs when the infant drinks too much of milk or drinks it faster.
- Sometimes, excessive crying or coughing can also cause back flow of acids from the stomach into the esophagus.
- It can be identified with frequent spitting out, vomiting, lack of appetite, irritability, etc.
- These problems can be tackled by bringing about changes in feeding techniques and overall eating habits of the baby.
- Maintaining a healthy digestive system is essential for carrying out regular digestion and other metabolic processes.
- The small intestine, though relatively healthy, is also susceptible to various problems.
- To point out a couple of, commonly identified problems include blockage, infections, tumors, celiac disease, and short bowel.
- Each of these cases impairs the digestion process and interrupts typical absorption of nutrients, resulting in various symptoms.
Medications can relieve symptoms of IBS considerably. The doctors may advice patients to consist of fiber supplements in their diet. Medicines like loperamide or lomotil are often recommended to reduce diarrhea. Doctors often suggest an antispasmodic to lower abdominal pain and digestive tract convulsions. Individuals who do not respond to conventional therapy are treated with alosetron hydrochloride (Lotronex). This medication is particularly recommended for people with severe IBS.
Is a Fact that the Majority of the Bacteria that Inhabit Our Body are Benign
Nevertheless, there are several types of bacteria that enter our body, mainly through the respiratory system, and multiply, consequently triggering instability of the existing innocuous bacteria of the body. A bacterial infection may cause various transmittable diseases and medical conditions, like strep throat, urinary tract infection, and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), to name a few. These bacteria are also called pathogens. Once these bacteria start colonizing, a healthy body begins to show the symptoms of a bacterial infection.
- Consumption of alcohol, milk products, soft drinks, and fatty foods can get worse symptoms of IBS.
- People diagnosed with IBS especially, ought to not drink alcohol as it is a GI (gastrointestinal) irritant.
- Alcohol is a major factor responsible for getting worse of IBS signs.
- Alcoholic drinks such as wine or beer pose a threat for IBS clients.
- Problems may establish if drinking is continued and may even activate an IBS attack.
Besides the aforementioned conditions, congenital defects, mesenteric ischemia, mesenteric cysts, duodenal ulcers, diverticular illness, bacterial infections, viral infections, and diseases caused by infectious agents could also negatively affect the function of the small intestine.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome- Homeopathic Cure Dr.Ravi Singh
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common disorder that affects your large intestine (colon). Irritable bowel syndrome commonly causes cramping, abdominal ...
- Gastroenteritis: This is a viral infection that attacks the stomach and the intestines.
- More specifically, it is the inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract that causes bloody diarrhea, if treatment is neglected.
Small Bowel Bacterial Overgrowth (SBBO): This health issue is also referred to as Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO). The main function of the small intestine is to digest food and absorb it into the body. The complete gastrointestinal system consists of bacteria that aid in digestion, and the number of bacteria in the small intestine is less as compared to those in the large intestine. Thus, SBBO is a condition when the number of bacteria in the small intestine grow in number. There are many health disorders that can cause SBBO. These include, immune system condition, brief bowel syndrome, diabetes, scleroderma, small bowel diverticulosis and certain surgical procedures. Bloating, fullness, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and cramps are the major signs of SBBO.
The Exact Cause of this Syndrome is Not Known
However, IBS is observed to be more common among the individuals who have sensitive intestine or compromised immune system. Majority of the people suffering from IBS tend to ignore the symptoms and do not select medical treatment. Diagnosis of IBS is done based on the symptoms, physical examination, and medical history of the patient. After a correct diagnosis, the doctor may recommend medications in order to manage IBS. Many times, natural remedies and dietary as well as way of life changes can effectively control the symptoms of IBS.
Benefits: There are Many Kinds of this Fiber, E.G
Pectin, mucilage, and gums. These supplements of roughage have a variety of health benefits. Necessary dietary fiber foods: All fruits and vegetables, especially green leafy vegetables, contain this fiber. So do apples, grapes, barley, rye, sesame seeds, carrots, prunes, peaches, and gooseberries as well as nuts, seeds, and vegetables. If you go by the fiber content of foods, then flax seeds are highly rich. About 100 grams of flax seeds have approximately 12 grams of fiber. Similarly, in food items such as soya beans, lima beans, and cooked artichoke, the fiber contents are 2.09, 5.87, and 5.46 grams per 100 grams of their weight, respectively.
Ralph is a post curator at jerseycheapwholesalechina.com, a blog about alternative health news. Last year, Ralph worked as a marketing manager for a well-known high tech company. When he's not scouting for new articles, Ralph loves scuba diving and rafting.