Reasons Behind Pain after Bowel Movement
Constipation is one of the common conditions that is indicative of poor digestion. It is characterized by infrequent bowel movements, incomplete evacuation of bowel, and straining throughout defecation due to hardening of the stools. Rectum is the opening at the end of the digestive tract through which the stool passes, whereas rectum is the terminal end of the digestive tract, and is connected to the anus. Pain after bowel movements could be attributed to medical conditions affecting these structures.
- Hemorrhoids, also called piles, is a condition that is characterized by the presence of swollen and inflamed veins in the rectum and lower rectum.
- It might occur due to severe or chronic constipation in which the affected individual has to frequently strain during bowel movements.
- It might also impact pregnant women due to the increased pressure on these veins.
- It could be internal, which means the swollen veins could be located inside the rectum.
- It could be external, which implies that swollen veins might establish under the skin around the rectum.
Bavolex Irritable Bowel Syndrome ReliefBavolex IBS Relief contains calming botanical ingredients created to gently support and soothe the digestive tract. Bavolex consists of the highest quality active ingredients that have been clinically developed to work synergistically for optimum results. Bavolex's ingredients have been used for many years to support healthy digestive tract, helping in reducing irritation from diarrhea and constipation. Reducing bowel inflammation and supporting healthy digestion has been proven to relieve the flare-ups related to Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Click Here to Purchase »
Discomfort during and after bowel movements is one of the common symptoms of anal fissures. An anal fissure is a tear in anoderm, which is a specialized tissue that lines the anal canal. The tear runs from the anus to the anal canal. It could happen in people affected by chronic constipation. Given that this area consists of a large number of nerves, injury to this area can cause pain. Passing a big, tough stool could be the reason behind the development of an anal fissure. Repeated episodes of diarrhea could also be a contributing factor. Sometimes, women could develop a fissure after childbirth.
An anal fistula results from anal abscess, which may form when the glands located in the rectum become blocked and contaminated. An anal fistula is a small channel that signs up with the infected gland within the anus to an opening on the skin near the anus. People affected by Crohn's illness, sexually transmitted diseases, trauma, diverticulitis, etc., are more likely to develop an anal fistula. It can give rise to signs such as pain with bowel movements, discomfort around the anus, inflammation of the skin around the anus, bleeding, fever, fatigue, etc.
Proctitis Swelling of the Lining of the Rectum is Medically Described as Proctitis
It might be caused due to sexually transmitted infections, inflammatory bowel illness (ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease), trauma to the anorectal region, etc. The symptoms of this condition include pain in the rectal and anal location, periodic rectal bleeding, pain during and after bowel movement, diarrhea, discharge from the anal region, etc.
Constipation & Diarrhea 1: Water & Peristalsis
Queen's Meds 115: Family Medicine Constipaton & Diarrhea: Part 1 of 3.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are placed in the category of inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Ulcerative colitis is defined by the development of ulcers and swelling of the lining of the colon and the rectum.
- It gives rise to abdominal pain, urgency to have a bowel movement, cramping, rectal bleeding, loss of appetite, weight loss, tiredness, etc.
- Crohn's disease is also characterized by swelling in the lining of the intestinal tract.
- It triggers signs such as abdominal pain, cramping, diarrhea, blood in stool, weight loss, anorexia nervosa, anal fissures, etc
- On a concluding note, pain during and after bowel movements might be caused by several medical conditions.
- Thus, it is necessary to seek medical assistance for the proper diagnosis and treatment of the underlying cause.