Pancreas Problems - Symptoms of Pancreas Problems
The pancreas is a tube-shaped organ located at the rear of the stomach. It is an important organ in our body as it helps in releasing certain juices and enzymes that help in digestion of food. The pancreatic juices help in absorption of the necessary nutrients in the body. The hormone insulin is also produced by the Islet of Langerhans of the pancreas. It helps in the metabolism of carbohydrates. There are several conditions associated with the pancreas, viz:
More unconventional type of therapy is Tricyclic Antidepressants or TCA's, which was an accidental discovery. This therapy was initially supposed to be made use of for schizophrenic disorders, but they found that it helped in the unipolar and bipolar anxiety conditions (Cromer, 2005).
Many a time, it has been found that the excess body fluids are excreted along with stool in form of mucus. However, if the condition persists and is accompanied by abdominal pain or bleeding, then it might mean that you are experiencing some hidden condition, and in such cases you have to get medical attention right away. There may be several reasons for mucus in stool and the most common being infection in the digestion tract or the intestine.
- Intestinal tract or Bowel Obstruction: When an obstruction exists inside the bowel, the digested contents of intestine can not be ejected out.
- This kind of obstruction happens due to improper functioning of the bowel or food poisoning.
- The intensity of this pain varies from time to time and usually, it becomes serious after eating.
- These patients tend to throw up because of the sharp pain.
Have I Got IBS? Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Causes, Symptoms & Solutions
The symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) can include diarrhoea, constipation and ulcerative colitis among other conditions. After ruling out more sinister ...
Psyllium Husk Benefits Psyllium husk, also known as isabgol is native to India, and is derived from the seed of a plant known as plantago ovata. It is incredibly rich in fiber, supplying up to 71g of fiber per third of a cup. It is a water soluble supplement, however...
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).
Case the left side abdominal pain is accompanied with the frequent urge to urinate and urination is often painful, then urinary tract infection may be a possible reason behind it. UTI includes microbial infection of any of the structures that form a part of the excretory system. A few of them are kidneys, bladder, and ureter or urethra.
- You're struggling with irregular or irritable bowels, there are several things you can do to help improve the situation.
- Keep a healthy and active lifestyle, and minimise stress in your life as much as possible.
- Drink lots of liquid and avoid caffeine and alcohol, as these promote the intestines.
- Make sure you're eating well balanced meals and avoid processed foods and artificial sweeteners.