Lotus Root Health Benefits and Nutrition Facts
Parasites such as fasciolopsis buski may be present in the lotus root. Hence, make sure that the edible root is well-cooked before consumption, so as to prevent any sort of parasitic infections like fasciolopsiasis.
Derived from the lotus plant, its edible root is revered for its high nutritional content. It is a staple in Asian cooking, and typically included salads to make the dish crunchy and flavorful. Its sweet-tangy flavor, and crunchy, starchy texture has actually made the lotus root extremely popular all over Asia. In reality boiled, sliced lotus roots are found in a variety of Asian cuisines.
The interior of the root shows a distinct hole pattern that covers its length. So, the pieces of the root show a great deal of holes, which is in fact visually appealing. The lotus root is often sliced prior to using. The following are some important health benefits and dietary facts of the lotus root.
NutrientsBoiled Lotus Root (100 g).DV.Dietary Fiber g.Vitamin C.mg.
- Niacin mg.
- Folate mcg.
- Calcium mg.
- Magnesium mg.
- Potassium mg.
- Zinc mg.
- Manganese mg.
Health Benefits of Lotus Root.
- People regularly eating lotus are unlikely to suffer from high blood pressure, as the edible root is found to be high in potassium.
- Potassium, known for its vasodilating effect, plays a key role in lowering blood pressure.
- Increase in the potassium level blunts the blood pressure-raising effect of salt, which works to keep it under control.
- The lotus root contains immune-boosting vitamin C in astoundingly high amounts.
- Just 100 g of boiled lotus root offers a whopping 46% daily recommended intake of vitamin C.
- So add this root to your diet plan to give your body immune system a lot more support.
How to swiftly and properly lose huge amounts of wieght. How to use Liquid Protein to drop 880 Ibs quick while naturally regulating your Hypothalamus Gland and to stop sending yearning signals. 80 Ibs is the weight-loss amount of Dr Lltten s patient. New Jersey Physician utilizes Liquid Protein to assist...
- High vitamin C material also means that this root can be helpful to eliminate respiratory infections such as common cold, pneumonia, and bronchitis.
- This is because, vitamin C is very much with the ability of melting the thick mucus associated with these infections, and facilitate its drainage.
Healthy bowel system is a distinct possibility if your diet plan does not contain sufficient dietary fiber. People suffering from constipation can get their bowel system back on track by regularly eating fiber-rich foods, like lotus root. With 100 g of boiled lotus root containing 12% everyday recommended intake of dietary fiber, its addition in one's diet can certainly help in enhancing bowel health. As the bowel system is a part of the digestive system, proper bowel functioning can also help improving digestive health. A blend containing a juice of grated ginger and lotus root is said to be the standard treatment for digestive tract swelling (enteritis).
- Nevertheless, people with irritable bowel syndrome or gastric ulcers ought to not consume this frequently.
- This is because, it is high in insoluble fiber, which can aggravate the IBS symptoms.
- Hence, you have to reduce the intake of lotus root to keep IBS under control.
IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) cured by Homeopathy video
IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) is a condition in which the bowels get irritable leading to stomach pain, spasm, discomfort, an urge to defecate after food, ...
The lotus root is a good source of folate and vitamin B6, that can assist in reducing homocysteine levels in the bloodstream. Homocysteine is an amino acid, a byproduct of protein metabolism. Too much of it has been associated with increased risk of embolism, heart attack, and stroke. With its high vitamin B content, this root can certainly help lower homocysteine levels, in turn protecting the heart from damage. Hence, routine consumption can play a protective role against cardiovascular ailments.
Poor blood circulation can cause a wide range of health issues, which may eventually become deadly. The arms and legs becoming weak or numb is one of the most common symptoms bad blood circulation. Lotus root is a good source of iron; hence, its consumption on a regular basis can certainly help increase blood flow, and even prevent blood disorders such as anemia.
Lotus root is said to act as a natural hemostatic agent, which may help stop internal bleeding associated with intestinal and urinary tract issues such as piles, rectal bleeding, and haematuria. Black bowel movement is an indication of internal bleeding. Even nose and gum bleeding can be treated with this root. Having a glass of juice obtained from the lotus root can help stop bleeding. Fresh lotus root water or soup can also be used for the same purpose.
Although it is usually prepared and added in a sliced form, the juice drawn out from this root is also used for medical reasons. The tea made from the juice of this root and ginger is said to have higher medicinal value, and frequently used to deal with fever and breathing problems like cough. In China, lotus root powder combined with sweet osmanthus is commonly offered as a ready-to-severe beverage, and is considered to be very good for health.